UC7 Privacy Statement
PWN, Pty Ltd. and its affiliates (collectively “PWN” or “We”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services (“Solution” or “Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to UC7 website and Solutions that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal data and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal data. Additional information on our personal data practices may be provided in supplemental privacy statements or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
There may be additional policies and notices to be aware of, if you are using the UC7 Solution provided by a service provider or third party. Please refer to the privacy statement or policy of the entity through which you are obtaining UC7 Solutions for more details.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We may collect data, including personal data, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. “Personal data” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, or payment card number.
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
If you choose to provide PWN with a third party’s personal data (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication by calling 1300 827 777.
In some instances, PWN and the third parties may engage and automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Uses of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customising our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal data include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Analysing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalising websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from UC7 or from our partners.Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We need your help in keeping your personal data accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, or delete your personal data:
- If you are using a UC7 Solution provided by a service provider or employer, please contact them in order to exercise your rights to access, correct or delete your personal data.
- Some PWN entities may act as or be considered “data controllers”. When a PWN entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that PWN entity.
Security of Your Personal Data
We intend to protect the personal data entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. UC7 implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, PWN & UC7 uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type and operating system.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior.This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Cookies and your choices related to cookies
We use the term cookie to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access our Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use HTTP cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Services and allow us to recognize your device. We also use technology like pixel tags and software kits embedded in our apps
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by PWN (“first party cookies”) and cookies served on our behalf, for example by data analytics partners (“third party cookies”)
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as “session cookies”) These are deleted automatically once you close your browser.
- Other cookies are “permanent cookies”, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
You have many choices with regards to the management of cookies on your computer. All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. UC7 websites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement. Learn more information about “do not track”.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites you visit.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please call 1300 827 777
Updates to this UC7 Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website or Solutions after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The UC7 Privacy Statement was published on August 17th 2018.